Tuesday, April 21, 2015

,

exercise #3: dialogue

I feel like I should actually have things I'm trying to do with these exercises. Maybe I'll think of some one day. :) This one's about dialogue

Hey, you! How're you going?

Yeah, I'm talkin' to you! The man with the moustache! And what a fine moustache you have - quite fine indeed! Not like this ravaged face you see before you - you have a fine feature plopped right there on you! Could I perchance interest you in some fine conversation on this lovely day?

Yes, yes, I do very much agree - the weather is so changeable these days! One moment gray, the next absolutely bursting with sunshine. It's a wonder anything gets done, am I right?

Ah, I meant no harm with a wink and a nudge, sir, no harm at all. A wink's as good as a poke to a blind man, that's what I always say, eh? Everyone and their mum's are paranoid about that these days - it's just a wink, ain't it! Any human can do it - it's the great equalizer.

Oh - yes of course, the shifters. But them winks are so harmless! They just change their appearance - it's like changing clothes! What's to be afraid of? I hear in Vegas they've got a few to do the posh shows for the hobnobs that still have all 'em teeth. Me, on the other hand, 'aven't got enough to count on my fingers and my toes! Or what's left of 'em anyway...

Ah yes, the prosthetics do help, thank you very much sir. I see you have some hidden away in your shoulder there, an unsightly bulge, but necessary, I guess. Wouldn't it be so good to just be able to wish that away? Sometimes I feel like the shifters got it good.

Nah, nah, I don't wanna be one. You hear about 'em making people nuts! Forgetting what they look like after a jaunt as Edwin Flynn, or Rhyannon Grant (bless 'er dear heart). Stuck trying to switch back to what they looked like before - it's better to just stay who you are, am I right?! Not be captured and tested on as a halfie. That eternal curse of looking like...like...a nobody. No identification could ever work out who you are - a homeless person, a nomad, a random guy on the street. Your body shriveled in some parts, engorged in others. A torturous parody of a human being. Nah, it's good to be who you are. Like me!

Haha yes, sir, you have the right idea. A good wink, and a fine moustache. They don't make 'em like that any more, sir, no sirree! Must be lucky to have all that hair on you! Can I have a closer look?

Looks amazing, sir, and no doubt about it! I definitely-

Of course they're blue. Why wouldn't they be blue? I've had these eyes since I was a wee little boy!

Gray? Couldn't be! Must be the weather, ey? One moment gray, the next as blue as a tropical ocean! I must be going though, thanks for your time my dear boy!

***

Hey there! How're you going?

Yes, I'm talking to you! The lady with the pale, beautiful skin - like the old tales of Snow White! You look like the marble they use to construct the town hall! Perfect, porcelain skin. Not like this wreck I'm walking around in - pockmarked and riddled under these swathes of clothes.

Ah yes, this fine thing? It's my favourite feature! It definitely took a while to grow on me. But it is a fine moustache is it not? An absolutely fine moustache.

0 comments:

Post a Comment